Thursday, November 4, 2010

If at delhi.. dont forget to abode a photoshop at Humayun Tomb



Sun and sandstone meet eachother and create an aura thats almost magical to watch.




Humayun's cenotaph at the main chamber.
I came to know that the architect of the building was also a poet. In building this monument he has used windows instead of words to express his artistic imaginations. The light rays extend to Humayun's cenotaph in the morning and slowly start receding in the course of the day. Its an eternal architectural arrangement to create an effect as if its not the light rays but Humayun's soul that's leaving the cenotaph.





What is a door for ? To come in or go out? or both? In everyday life, these questions would sound silly. But, while at a tomb, roofing several cenotafs, these questions do come to mind.
The Soul! It always wants to escape.






The monument looks more beautiful because of the framing of the dark gate. The composition, I believe represents hope :-)

4 comments:

  1. abode a PS :-) (not sure whether you know that I am in PS's abode, literally). mail back if you are curious

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely ya.... just luv the 2nd n 4th ones with gr8 use of words

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am coming to Delhi & this time I'll try to capture this one too.

    Oh oh,, you have not enabled Name/url option.. so I'll have to comment thru google id but then it'll take you to blogger... a longer route to my site. :-)

    Nisha - Le Monde A Poetic Travail

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nisha.. be thr during late afternoon.. the grazing light cuts through the carved windows and create a beautiful aura of rays.
    and as far as ur site is concerned.. it has wonderfully kept me occupied throughout my office hours today :-)..........(finally I was doing something useful)

    ReplyDelete