Monday, May 17, 2010

A bit(e) about food...

I write this as I accomplish one more journey..... One that started with ANYTHING..... passed by NOTHING.... and finally arrived at EVERYTHING. I would say that I have a bad habit of saying YES very easily to most of the things. Thankfully this list includes my conscience as well and at occasions I benefit from this bad habit of mine by saying YES to my conscience.
I did a similar thing recently by saying YES to my conscience and saying NO to non vegetarian food. A hell like difficult decision for someone who eats ANYTHING eatable and cannot survive without meat, a couple of days.
It was just another ordinary day when I was browsing through the news paper and I came across this famous proverb... "What goes around, comes around." If this is so true, where does all the pain, that we inflict on animals killing them for food, goes?
This left me with no answer, absolutely NOTHING.
What we do to animals slaughtering them is no different from what Hitler did to innocent people. Unfortunately for these poor animals, this holocaust is never to end.
I have taken a bold decision to say no to meat and I know this is going to be difficult. But this sort of difficulties are charming. Whenever you really win over these difficulties, you feel good and that fulfilment is actually EVERYTHING.

AS LONG AS THERE ARE SLAUGHTERHOUSES,
THERE WILL BE BATTLEFIELDS.
- Leo Tolstoy

1 comment:

  1. By eating animals, I would be eating someone's mum, dad, son, daughter, brother, sister or partner. On an evolutionary scale, I would have progressed just one step ahead from being a cannibal.This is the reason why I choose not to eat anything with eyes, limbs, ears, and noses – anything that moves or that will be born with such features. Anything with five senses. Happy to see your decision :-)

    ReplyDelete